Problems faced when installing BOE XI 3.0
I am facing some problems when installing BOE XI 3.0 in server (Windows Server 2003): Scenario as below:
(1) New install with existing CMS database*
- Created a CMS (BOEXIR3) and Audit (BOEXIR3_Audit) database in SQL 2005
- Created system ODBC DSN for CMS and AUDIT Database
- Keyed in with related database info in SQL Server Logon screen
- After clicked Next, prompted with an error message:
Fail to validate the database information
CMS database error: STU000226, Auditing database error: STU000225
BusinessObjects Enterprise CMS: Unable to connect to the CMS system and audit database "CMS", "AUDIT".
Reason: (Microsoft)[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Failure to validate the database credential has a potential to crash the database at a later stage. Enter the correct information.
Q: The respective Data Sources are created and tested OK with ODBC DSN, why prompted with this error message?
(2) New install with MySQL database*
- Let the server to install with the default option u2013 MySQL database Server overnight
- The next day morning, installation fail, and we uninstalled / rolling back
- The roll back action completed successfully
- Reinstalled the BOE XI 3.0 with MySQL database
- However, the option to install with MySQL database is DISABLED.
Q: Why the option been disabled and is there any way to ENABLE back the option - to install with MySQL?
Would much appreciate advice on how to solve above problems.
Jacques du Preez replied
You might want to check out this thread [CMS Database error: STU000226 during XI 3.0 install;
Hope this helps