Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on upload of historical financial data to see Balance Sheet & PL

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings

This is a question in regards to upload of historical financial data, so we can see balance sheets & PL statements for past periods prior to SAP.

What options do I have as far as uploading this historical financial data into the system?

We have already gone live for a few months (ecc 6.0 since 7/1) and now would like to see this past data.

IS FI-SL (Special Ledger) the best way to achieve this? My goal is to be able to see a sinfe balance sheet or pl statement (created in report painter) that shows SAP posted financial data and uploaded data.

I would be interested in hearing some of the options out there.

Thank you

Regards

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understand correctly, you are interested in seeing the past several years B/S and P& L account.

1. Please upload history data past years Trial Balance loaded as on particular year end date first time (oldest year) and then load the transaction Trial Balance loaded as a single document (please ensure to keep the fiscal year defined and opened for posting with doc no ranges active)

2. If CO is active please ensure validation of CO masters - min Cost centers - Profit centers active (if active) for the years.

3. Ensure Created more GL accounts for Reco accounts of Vendor, Customer, Assets as this may not allow posting as a simple GL account and link it to FS version.

4. Carry forward the balances as every year.

5. In case you do not want to carry forward---instead of step one - follow only year-end trial balance every year.

6. You may check the trial balance loaded using S_ALR_87012310 - Trial Balance (South Korea)

Please confirm whether this is of help to u

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your in depth detailed suggestion Murali. Its very helpful.

I will try it out in my DEV.

Regards

Ken

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Uploading historical data more than 1 year may involve extensive customising.

I have a suggestion. Upload the historical data into a operative data base Z Table.

Check with ABAPer how this data can be extracted, compared and analysed in the desired output.

Regards

suresh

former_member666941
Participant
0 Kudos

Suresh, thank you for your suggestion. We will look into this as well.

regards

Ken