Question on upload of historical financial data to see Balance Sheet & PL
This is a question in regards to upload of historical financial data, so we can see balance sheets & PL statements for past periods prior to SAP.
What options do I have as far as uploading this historical financial data into the system?
We have already gone live for a few months (ecc 6.0 since 7/1) and now would like to see this past data.
IS FI-SL (Special Ledger) the best way to achieve this? My goal is to be able to see a sinfe balance sheet or pl statement (created in report painter) that shows SAP posted financial data and uploaded data.
I would be interested in hearing some of the options out there.
Murali V replied
If I understand correctly, you are interested in seeing the past several years B/S and P& L account.
1. Please upload history data past years Trial Balance loaded as on particular year end date first time (oldest year) and then load the transaction Trial Balance loaded as a single document (please ensure to keep the fiscal year defined and opened for posting with doc no ranges active)
2. If CO is active please ensure validation of CO masters - min Cost centers - Profit centers active (if active) for the years.
3. Ensure Created more GL accounts for Reco accounts of Vendor, Customer, Assets as this may not allow posting as a simple GL account and link it to FS version.
4. Carry forward the balances as every year.
5. In case you do not want to carry forward---instead of step one - follow only year-end trial balance every year.
6. You may check the trial balance loaded using S_ALR_87012310 - Trial Balance (South Korea)
Please confirm whether this is of help to u