Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCM Configuration for UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Need some information regarding XCM.

We have a requirement to add some drop down box like how the drop down box avilable in Transactions frame.

Like that we need to add one more drop down, when i was refering the jsp page "genericsearch.jsp" on appbase folder, i found out the drop down boxes are generating by using some config file,

I find out the config file also ie (generic-searchbackend-config.xml).

My Question is while doing the configuration on XCM these XML files are updating.

Can u please tell me when can i add my user specific functions in XCM.

If u are having any document please share with us.

Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generic Search is completely dependent on genericserach-backend.xml file. Here you can modify/add/remove fields to the search.

The XCM is meant to displya or hide the custom fields. These settings are not related to generic search.

You can add fields in order.jsp and thee fileds are displayed in XCM. In XCM you will have an option to display or hide them. For these you need to follow Development Guide for syntax how to develop.

Generally this is a time consuming process so most follow the normal process.

Regards,

Sateesh Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

changing the XCM configuration will not change the genericsearch.xml file in your webappliation.

Please check out the ISA Development and Extension Guide (mentioned above). You will find a section which handles the genericserach backend.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Go to here: https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/crm-inst

For CRM 5.0 go to CRM Core and Standlone

Select:

SAP E-Commerce 5.0 Development and Extension Guide

SAP E-Commerce 5.0 Example and Tutorials (Dev/Ext)

These docs are specifically XCM related and quite comprehensive

Regards

Arden