cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable description

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Query Designer, I have created the Variable for Characteristic 0Plant. I entered the Description following for this Variable:

Plant (1500 = Buying, 1800 = Warehouse, 1900 = Shipping)

This is so that the user can see clearly what Plant represent what. However, when I run this report, I only see the following

as description of this Variable:

Plant (1500 = Buying, 1800 = Warehouse, 19

Is seem like I hits the max characteristic. Can we adjust the lenght of it so that I can see the following in the seleciton screen??

Plant (1500 = Buying, 1800 = Warehouse, 1900 = Shipping)

Next question is, on the selection screen, when I click on the 0Plant Variable, I only see the Key:

Can we turn on the Text also so that user can see what Plant means what?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Linda,

The maximum description length allowed is 60 char, and i guess your description fits within that limit. so trying breaking up the desc in to 2 lines usng the ALT+ Enter option.

For the second point please maintain the text for the 0Plant Infoobject, and change the setting for Bex variable display available on the second tab of the Infoobject to Key & Text. for display of text along with key in the variable selection screen.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Umesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the tips.

I tried to Alt + Enter in the description of this Variable in Query Designer, but still have the same output (thatu2019s the description is not displayed fully)

Please advice, thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

It's the same issue here...Variable description is truncated on selection screen...

The variable description in Table RSZELTDIR is showing correct description...

when i try to execute the query in Bex & WAD it truncates the description from Company Code (Multiple Single Value Mandatory) to Company Code (Multiple Single Value..

we are on SAPKW70105

Any idea??

Regards

Ankur Shah

Edited by: ANKUR SHAH on Apr 20, 2010 5:28 PM

Edited by: ANKUR SHAH on Apr 20, 2010 5:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Linda,

I've checkedthe length of the desc:Plant (1500 = Buying, 1800 = Warehouse, 1900 = Shipping)

it comes as 56 chars so ideally it should be displayed properly, as the limit is of 60 chars, check for any additional spaces in the desc.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

I have double checked and there is no space in between. But I still dont get to see the full description... still running out of space.

Is there any other way ?

I noticed that I can see the full variable description in RSRT, but not on the web. Something wrong with the WEB? Browser?

Please advice.

Edited by: Linda on Oct 2, 2008 2:56 AM