Importance of Version in SLD
I was asked in an interview, the following questions
1. Importance of VERSIONs in SLD configuration, well though I replied, in my project , it denoted the version of R/3 i.e ECC 6.0, he was not satisfied....I read a couple of SAP SLD config guide, but not satisfied!!
2. The utility/ reason of making the profram ID in a RFC adapter?
3. The data flow stages within XI in an IDOC to File scenerio
4. Where to monitor HTTP adapter...I replied, communication channels in Runtime workbench...was not happy with the reply!!
5. How to refresh meta data, well i replied, reimporting the IDOCS and RFCs in IR and IDX2. interviewer was not satisfied with tehe answer!
6.What is teh protocol and method used in proxy? I replied Transport Protocol was : FTP and Messege protocol was : File content conversion ...but couldnt reply teh method!
7. what should be teh maximum size od data when u swith from RFC adapter to PROXY ?
Experts, reply/ comment on the above
1. Version is SLD configuration plays an important role. You can create versions of a software component which represents a reusable module of a product. You can Upgrade them or install patches on them
2. Program ID must uniquely describe the RFC channel in the configured gateway (Application server gateway and application server service gateway)
3. SAP IDOC -> Look for trfc port -> partner profile will be required to understand PI as target ->Adaptor Engine in PI -> Integration engine in PI -> Adaptor engine in PI - File
4. You can monitor HTTP adapter in SXMB_MONI for messages it passed at PI and RWB as well. In case you have receiver HTTP adapter which uses RFC destination you can monitor SMQ1 and SMQ2 for inbound and outbound messages as well.
5. You can refresh metadata by refreshing CPACACHE.
6. Transport protocol is HTTP and Adaptor is XI for proxy communication.
7. I didnt remember the size but more than 50 MB data make RFC very slow
check note 774705 for this