cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Context Mapping & Normal Mapping in same IF Controller?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Parent DC that embeds a Child DC.

The Parent uses data from the Child DC obtained through the Child's Interface Controller, which works fine.

But there is also some data (value node) that I need to pass to the Child DC through the Interface Controller as External Context Mapping, from the Parent DC.

I know how to make these work separately but am not sure how to make both Ext. Mapping and Normal mapping in the same Interface Controller (the parent IF controller) and am not sure if it is even possible.

Is it possible to both pass data (external context mapping) and get data (normal mapping) from the same Interface Controller?

I guess I am a little confused in how the arrows should point in the Data Modeler and how to approach this.

Really appreciate your help,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

A child component cannot declare dependency of its

Parent...

A parent component declare dependency i,e use the

childs development objects but vice versa is not possible...

Regards,

Satya.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, I was able to find the answer - yes it is possible to have both an External Context and a normal context mapping to a single Interface Controller.

The Data link in the Data Modeler in NWDS for this 2 way mapped Interface Controller has arrows at both ends.

Hope this helps,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya, Vishal

My issue is not about navigation but how to transfer data back and forth to the same embedded child component. Here's some clarification.

1. Parent has declared Usage of Child

2. Child is available in Data Modeler

3. Child has data coming from its Interface Controller, which is mapped to the Parent's Comp Controller, which is working fine.

4. Now there is a different node that exists in both Parent and Child.

5. The data origin for this node is the Parent and so the Child needs to get it from the Parent using External Context Mapping to its Interface Controller so that it is available inside the Child.

My question is, is this data transfer scenario possible? If yes, what steps should be taken to make this happen?

Thanks again,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls chk this link

thanks

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

also try yo create an outbound plug in the view of child component and inbound plug in the view of parent component.

fire plug from child component`s view and then try to implement your functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

i dont think its possible because you dont have any access of parent component in child component.

Try declaring Parent Component as Used component in the Child component.That will work out probably.

thanks

vishal