cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain inventory & mfg at customer sites (construction sites)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Its an implementation project. Client's business is making steel building mainly for industrial segments. They have mfg unit in Delhi and various branches all over India. We've decided to treat all branches as plants. Our second concern is all those various sites where construction projects are going on. We cannt treat them as plants as they are temporary customer sites. Now, we need to map following things-

1. Inventory management at project sites. Total inventory, their physical locations with their status (like quality inspection, rejection etc.) How to identify the stocks at project sites without any plant or stores there.

2. Generally client does all mfg at mfg plant and transfer materials at project site but sometimes they send machines at project site for roll forming. How and where we will show the movement of these machines. and how can we show production there without any work-centres bcoz of no plants at sites.

3. Sometimes, they hire machines at project site for roll forming. how to map that?

Pls advise.

Thanks in advance

Dinesh Chauhan

PS Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)U can treat the customer's site as the storage location of ur plant.

OR

2) treat that stock as the customer consignment stock(our stock at customer's end.

regards,

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit, I dont think that consignment is the soultion. but I'll try it once.

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh,

Using Internal Order and Project System (WBS Element), you can map all Business processes.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali, I am already doing PS module and using WBS elements, but problem is inventory management at customer's sites.