Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to send data from Report SE38 to workflow? I want to send employee details filled in form generated after execution of report to local administrator for taking decision.I don't know how to send data from report to workflow.Can anybody suggest on this?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u ahve 2 create one function module and call this ur BO and Create task for ur evevts.

Regards:

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Work Flow can be handled only through objects and the coresponding methods and events. If you want to acess a report from work Flow, then Assign a transaction code to the Report you developed say ZREP.

You will have to enhance an existing standard object to say zobject, in that add a method ( Create a method ). Place the cursor on the Method text and from EDIT menu option select CREATE.

A popup will appear with text 'CREATE WITH FUNCTION MODULE AS TEMPLATE'. Choose No button, which will take you to an another screen.Enter the method name and the required description and choose ABAP tab choose TRANSACTION radio button and enter the transaction code name ZREP, Release the enhanced object.

Now call this method created where ever you want to use in the work flow as an activity.

Hope I got your requirement correct,

Murthy.

0 Kudos

I want to pass data which is entered in report e.g. employee number , entered in the text box of report to the form of workflow. Can you please explain me how to do this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using out SWC_SET_ELEMENT to set element values to workflow container. However if you are trying to set values in the workflow form then try out

SAP_WAPI_FORM_SET_FUNC_TEXT

SAP_WAPI_FORM_SET_TAB_TITLE

Thanks

Papiya

0 Kudos

hi,

as far as what i have understood i think you will have to use the FM "SWE_EVENT_CREATE" in your report.

the tables parameter "event_container" of the FM will allow you to pass values to the WF.

search for SWE_EVENT_CREATE in the workflow forum and you will find the solution.

also, for more accurate and quicker response post this query in the workflow forum.