cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc type doesn`t appear in workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

do you have any idea because when try to create a Doc type in UCWB does`n appear any?

the system show "Value already exist" but I cannot see any

thanks in advance

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucio,

DocTypes might be created in different areas (menu paths) of WB. And visibility of the particular docs depend on this very menu path (posting level, mostly). I mean that if you are going to create an I/C eliminations DocType, then you'll not see there the types assigned to ) 01 and 10 PL.

That's why you may not see the particular DocType in the particular menu path. But, Beleive the system, if it says that the doctype does exist, then it's true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the situations when according to a conceptual project I had to have a DocType with the predefined TechName. But the system said that the name was exist. In that case I had to go to BW (RSA1 t-code), find there the appropriate infoobject, delete in master data the record in question and syncronise MD in BW and BCS. Only after that I was able to create the needed DocType.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is very strange, when I see the infoobject 0BCS_DOCTY with Tcode RSD1 (other way to see any infoobject instead of RSA1), the master data exist in BW and I cannot see in SEM,

The menu path is

UCWB-Consolidation functions- Manual Posting- PL 10

I can delete master data from BW and I execute UGMDSYNC with field name: /1FB/BCS_DOCTY the system show diference because in BW is delete but in SEM already exist, however I cannot see in worbench

Thanks in advance

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you haven't already done so, you can delete the master data using the UGMDSYNC program and select BW as the source and SEM as the target.

This will help you get to where you want to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene, Dan

I solved the issue

The document Type was in Reclassification, I think should be in Manual Posting, anyway

very helpful

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But I have the same issue when I try to create a Task for Manual posting, when I want to assign Doc type to task, I dont have any document

Thanks in advance

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is necessary to create document types configured for Application = Other, and Posting = Manual Posting. Only document types with these setting are available for this task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Thanks a lot Dan

it was this

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Eugene, you should check for the doc types in workbench under I/U Eliminations, Manual entries, reclassifications, Cons of Investments, etc.