Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms -Page Skipping Problem in Continue Sheet Printing.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I face problem with multiple page printing in dot matrix printer for purchase order printing.

Here are the details about my requirement

Our client Purchase order pre-printed Paper size Width 303 mm Height 203 mm and continued sheet. I have created a z layout zpoprint for the above size and assigned it in smarforms and select DINA4 transverse in printer. Whenever we printing 2nd page it starts printing after 5 cm. My friends asked me to create a customized page format in server properties in printer. Is there any other way to overcome this issue? Anybody face this problem kindly reply to me.

By

SP. Manavalan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume this page skip is because of some line feed statements in the program.

each line feed measuring 1 cm. Pls check your driver program . i faced a similiar program

with PO script and it was a case of line feed and some protect-endprotect statements.

But i presume protect-endprotect will not be used in smartform. Hope this helps

Regards

Sajimon Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you second page layout, i might have defined ina such a way.

check windows in samrtform,

and check the length of page defined,

this shd solve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Though you can double check the page layouts of both pages of your smartform, also keep in consideration that using a dot matrix printer to get the output of smartforms will have some impact of the positioning of the print as dot matrix printers are mechanical in nature(wheels are moving!).

Whereas, in laser printers, the whole data is taken, formatted and then sent to print.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

may be its becz of dot matrix printer .. adjust the oage aacordingly .

try taking the print out from laser print if its coming fine then the issue is wd d printer try to play around wd the page format

regards,

prashanti