Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of operations in routing &Overlapping not reflection in Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greeting for all gurus.

Process

We have three set of operations , one will be blend, , other will be cured and the third will be finished goods.

Basically one FG and three components , the components will be consumed in the first process. The same FG materials will be used for the 2nd / 3 rd Process

,1) we want to confirm the first set by making auto GR/GI

2) The Overlapping is 8 weeks , the 2nd operation should start , after that and the third operation should wait for 6 days . 2ND operation is confirmation only.

3) The third will be for standard process, Only GR

We have to use the same materials . Say 1st process O/P will be 50,000 and second process will be 40,000 and third will be 30,000. We want to account the loss in between the 1st and 3rd operation . 2 nd operation , no need to record .

Requirements - Discrete Manufacturing

u2022 How to set the control key for three operations.

u2022 How to confirm every stage in a single production order.

u2022 How to consider all the operation days in the Production order

u2022 How to report loss in various stages

u2022 How to print all the operation at various stages in the shop floor

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your help. How to confirm the production order for variuos operation. i am getting the error , as the sequence is not set . Do we need to maintain any sequence in the production order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i mentioned earlier, in CO11n, enter production order no, operation no -10 , yield qty, actual dates and any other data as required. Do not enter any data in sequence field. Now system will pick up the "standard sequence" maintained in the production order.

-Thaila Shree

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much . It works for me .

I will give you full points.

One more qn .How to satisfy the auditors ?

They wants to see in standard sap about Work in Process, and confirmation of the 1st operation .

which is the best way to show them , as tables have restcited access .

Please help me the correct table and alternate way without going to Z report

Thanks

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mention abt the restricted use of tables, one way is to know the WIP and Confirmation thro the order status as REL and PCNF resp for your requirement.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , let me try with the option with the continous prod flow

--- Where to set the sequence of operation -

i am getting error , No zero sequence assigned the production order.

I want the system to consider the 7 weeks for this production time. How to do this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the time that you have entered in your routing with continuous flow production, the formula assigned in your work center scheduling tab, you will get the processing ime for the individual operations in production order. Check up with all the operations whether you get 7 weeks duration.

If you are using the "standard sequence: of operations from routing, no need to enter "0" for the sequence.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our requirement is single materials , confirming various stages , reporting loss, production order should contains 7 weeks , clearly explaining the various stages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

As you use single production order, input the overlapping time in routing in "Min Overlapping time" = 8 weeks (in no. of working days) for the first operation and 6 days for the second operation after selecting "Required Overlapping". ( If you mean it as wait time, you can control the same with the wait time in work center).

----I already set it , but it is not considering the days , it took only the base qty and no of hrs calculation

in the prod order ,Our base qty and hrs will set for two hrs only . the remaining 6 weeks is not consider -

With Single Production order, you cannot do goods receipt after the first operation. Since 2nd and 3rd operation are pending, why do you want to do goods receipt at this stage?

----- We want to account the loss , as it will be loosing pounds at various stage -

Carry out confirmation for the sequence of operations in CO11N with the yield qty and use reason for variance as the loss of qty. Using confirmation tables, create z-report to know the actual qty after the last operation. ..

--- Where to set the sequence of operation - i am getting error , No zero sequence ---

I want the system to consider the 7 weeks for this production time. How to do this ?

You can print the operations from pull-down menu in CO02 - order - settings - List control - Op. control ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with "Continuous flow production" instead of "Required overlapping".

Confirm only the actual qty available with you as the yield qty at the different stages.

I meant the sequence as first oprn(10), second oprn (20) and third (30) where you can book for the corresponding oprn.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you use single production order, input the overlapping time in routing in "Min Overlapping time" = 8 weeks (in no. of working days) for the first operation and 6 days for the second operation after selecting "Required Overlapping". ( If you mean it as wait time, you can control the same with the wait time in work center).

With Single Production order, you cannot do goods receipt after the first operation. Since 2nd and 3rd operation are pending, why do you want to do goods receipt at this stage?

Carry out confirmation for the sequence of operations in CO11N with the yield qty and use reason for variance as the loss of qty. Using confirmation tables, create z-report to know the actual qty after the last operation.

You can print the operations from pull-down menu in CO02 - order - settings - List control - Op. control ticket

Hope this helps..

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

All the operation is the same material. The LB will be reduced while drying .

So i want to use the same materials for all the process , accounting the loss.

Is it possible in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

make three different material and create 3 prd order.

separte all operations

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you first tell,

u said u want GR/GI in first opearition, why is that?

can you call the material is finished after 1st opearation. can u sell that FG???

if not then dont think of such things.

again in last u want GR for third opeartion, what was ur in?? when u done Gr at 1st place???

sorry but ur writing dosent make sense to me.

i can understand, u are not able to distinguish between, actull and SAP.

if i am not wrong, u need to go through all the process to get final FG, am i right?

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar