cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message transmission medium - NAST-NACHA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add another transmission medium for purchase orders, or change the name on an existing medium. Where in the implementation guide do I do that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnie,

You cannot add two communication mediums to the same message.. you'd have to create a new message with a new communication medium

or

change the existing communication of this message type.. you could do this in MN05 for already existing entries, else MN04 if you have to create new...make sure you select the right key combination in MN05

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to add a medium to the same document. I want to add the medium itself. So that for a particular vendor, I could have medium "X", and another vendor I could have one of the standard mediums, like "6". Where do I create medium type "X"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

so What is this medium X, don't the standard ones satisfy your requirement. I am sure you have FAX, print, email, EDI,..etc.. what other medium would you like you to create?

It is however true that the medium for vendors could be different. But they have to be standard mediums.. I am very curious about your medium X

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to create a medium "X" that works just like a "6". We are integrating with XIGN, a vendor hub, and we will be sending all of our POs to them. Right now while testing we configured the output medium to be a "6" for those POs we are sending to XIGN and also for our EDI vendors. Our Purchasing dept said it would be nice to have the medium be something different than "EDI" so that we know that the PO went to XIGN and not via EDI to our VAN. (At some point, we will be eliminating our VAN and all of our POs will go to XIGN, so I could just change the text name of medium "6" to be XIGN instead of what it says now, which is "EDI".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I don't mean to disagree with you. However I think we should look one step beyond the medium.. although the medium says EDI.. teh destination or partner info changes.. which is very apparent in the PO message output and also technically when looking at the Database level. so i fell we should focus on that instead.. and I am afraid..this is really possible..