cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts when a report has been updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question:

We use infoView as the portal to host Crystal, Xcelsius and webi reports, and would like to send alerts to users whenever the reports are updated (mostly daily or weekly). Without alerts, the users are complaining that they don't know if a given report has been updated by the scheduled time (i.e. 7am). So, instead we'd like to alert them when the rerport has new data.

Any ideas?

thanks,

nelly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you schedule a report through the cmc you are able to send emails upon successful completion of reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do these alerts have to be via email or can they be posted to their inbox under MY Favorites folder in InfoView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notifications are only email, but you could just schedule a Webi report as a hyerlink to their BO inbox. This will send them the link when its successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Back to this question.

Is there a way to send alerts on an exception basis... for example, alerting users when a dashboard/webi/xcelsius/crystal report has NOT been updated by a certain time of the day, or when an report update was not successful. Any ideas would be helpful.

thanks,

Nelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. As Mark mentioned earlier, alerts can be sent out on a successful/unsuccessful schedule.

Also, if you wan tot send an alert to the Inbox, you could use an event based schedule, where the event is the report schedule failing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it. thanks.

nelly

Answers (0)