cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Charactersitic with Text Greater than 60

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have read many discussions related to this topic;however, I need a clear and concise answer. I need to long data for several CLOG (character long) fields from a legacy system. The legacy system has unlimited field length.

What is the most straight forward way for me to load these fields? and precise steps, please. Based on the discussions, it is suggested that I create two InfoObjects (Character) with 60 data length to load the data. And then concatenate the fields; however, I did not see how to concatenate.

1. What is the recommended why to load fields with a data length over 60? Is it still creating multiple InfoObjects?

2. How do I breakout the data in one field and put them into two? Is that something that I should do in a flat file (using a data separator); then load the data

3. How do I concatenate Character fields and where would I do that?

Please note that I am loading a flat file from a third party system and the data can be maniuplated in the flat file before loading into BW.

Thank you

Edited by: Client Johnson on Oct 1, 2008 4:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer to the below blog. It gives step by step info of how we can have long text >60 chars

To break out the data you can use routines.

For this refer the link below

It explains how to break fields using routines.

Hope this helps

Regards

Shilpa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this thread and blog regarding your theme:

/thread/144436 [original link is broken]

Additional:

Hope this helps.