cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportViewer ASP.NET 2.0 - Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have developed a web application written in ASP.NET 2.0. The reports and the crystalreportviewer control run just fine on development.

We are trying to deploy the application to production. We installed CRRedist2005_x86.msi which we downloaded from the the Business Objects website. This setup installed all the required Crystal runtimes into the GAC on the production server as required (version 10.2.3600.0). However, when we launch a report, the report starts in the middle of the page, thus leaving the top of the page black. Why?

Looking into the Html source that was generated by the crystalreportviewer to compare the difference from development and production, I noticed the html table that the crystalreportviewer renders in production has a different height value of 814px (height="814px"). On development the height attribute is 100%.

When I save the html source and remove the height attribute or change it to '100%' the report renders just fine.

I cannot change the height properties of the control since it is internal to the control. The height attribute of the control affects the inner data.

Again, the reports run fine on development. We just copied the virtual directory over to production so everything is exactly the same, EXCEPT that we installed CRRedist2005_x86.msi on production. Could that be causing the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using the bundle version of crystal reports which comes with VS 2005 i.e. 10.2 then the correct runtime file is [this|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#07].

this is the merge module and you need to include it in the setup of the application.

Hope that helps!!

regards

Amit

Answers (0)