How can I customize E-mail in SSM?
I´m new person in SAP and this is my first project. I'm with a problem to customize the e-mail in SSM (Sap Strategic Management). Every time that I try to send an e-mail a message box appear with this message:
"To e-mail this document, select Email tool in Acrobat Reader and send this PDF as an attachment ", but I already did this in Acrobat Reader.
Somebody knows if I need do to something else?Or Somebody has a documentation about this theme?
Thanks in advance,
Bob McGlynn replied
Here is what you will need to do within Netweaver CE to allow email to be sent.
1. (Optional) Work with your IT department to set up an email alias for SAP Strategy Management called ssm@<mycompany>.com or whatever name you prefer.
2. Make sure each user of SAP Strategy Management has an associated email address.
3. Start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.
4. Log in as administrator with the global password you provided when you installed NetWeaver CE.
5. Click Configuration Management.
6. Click the Infrastructure tab.
7. Select Java System Properties.
8. Click the Applications tab.
9. Filter on the SAP Strategy Management application.
10. Find the mail.smtp.host property and modify it to specify a mail server that can relay mail internally. Use your company's name in place of <mycompany>.
Here are some sample values, where <mycompany> is the name of your company:
11. Find the mail.from property and modify it to specify the email alias. For example,
ssm@<mycompany>.com. If you did not set up an ssm@<mycompany>.com email alias,
then modify the property to specify the email address of the user who will be sending the notification.
12. Find the mail.domain property and modify it to use your company's name. Use the following format for the value: <mycompany>.com
If you have problems with email alerts, make sure the mail server allows relaying. If you have blocked mail relaying for security reasons, you must allow it at least on the SAP NetWeaver CE server where SAP Strategy Management application
components are installed.