cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize E-mail in SSM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m new person in SAP and this is my first project. I'm with a problem to customize the e-mail in SSM (Sap Strategic Management). Every time that I try to send an e-mail a message box appear with this message:

"To e-mail this document, select Email tool in Acrobat Reader and send this PDF as an attachment ", but I already did this in Acrobat Reader.

Somebody knows if I need do to something else?Or Somebody has a documentation about this theme?

Thanks in advance,

Adriana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adriana,

Here is what you will need to do within Netweaver CE to allow email to be sent.

1. (Optional) Work with your IT department to set up an email alias for SAP Strategy Management called ssm@<mycompany>.com or whatever name you prefer.

2. Make sure each user of SAP Strategy Management has an associated email address.

3. Start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

4. Log in as administrator with the global password you provided when you installed NetWeaver CE.

5. Click Configuration Management.

6. Click the Infrastructure tab.

7. Select Java System Properties.

8. Click the Applications tab.

9. Filter on the SAP Strategy Management application.

10. Find the mail.smtp.host property and modify it to specify a mail server that can relay mail internally. Use your company's name in place of <mycompany>.

Here are some sample values, where <mycompany> is the name of your company:

smtp.<mycompany>.com

internet.<mycompany>.com

mail.<mycompany>.com

11. Find the mail.from property and modify it to specify the email alias. For example,

ssm@<mycompany>.com. If you did not set up an ssm@<mycompany>.com email alias,

then modify the property to specify the email address of the user who will be sending the notification.

12. Find the mail.domain property and modify it to use your company's name. Use the following format for the value: <mycompany>.com

If you have problems with email alerts, make sure the mail server allows relaying. If you have blocked mail relaying for security reasons, you must allow it at least on the SAP NetWeaver CE server where SAP Strategy Management application

components are installed.

Regards,

Bob

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adriana,

You need to make sure that the email relay is set up in Netweaver CE administrator. See below for details.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by: Bob McGlynn on Oct 8, 2008 1:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay of my reply but we had bureaucracy problems in tests here. Your answer was very helpfull but i´m still with problems with the configuration.

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Adriana,

Please check to make sure that Adobe Acrobat is properly configured. What SSM does is to generate a pdf file that you then email. So you will still get that pop-up message as a reminder, not as an error message.

When the pdf file opens, you should see a mail icon on the Adobe pdf toolbar.

Click that and another box opens asking if you'd like to send a copy of the file or just a link. Choose and click okay.

An email with the file attached will open with blank address and subject line.

IF you don't see the email icon on your pdf toolbar (it looks like an envelope), you have to add that to your toolbar.

Open the Adobe Acrobat application > Tools > Customize Toolbar

On the More Tools popup box, scroll down to File Toolbar and click the box for Email.

Click Okay.

Hopefully that should work for you.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Your answer was very helpful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only send alert to the users email id, that is only the UME users email id. You have to mention the email address in the UME (ie NW CE 7.1). Also the SMTP hostname or IP address need to be confgured in the SSM. This is just simple configuration in SSM. You can get the configuration detail in the SSM configuration guide which is available in the SAP marketpalce. For the configuration you need a administrator authorization.

Hope this will give you a bit clear idea.

Rgds,

JP.