cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIPP.POST method Not Erroring out the workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

All Gurus,

This issue is observed in Production as of now.

I am working on ECC 6.0 with

SAP_BASIS 700 0012 SAPKB70012 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 700 0012 SAPKA70012 Cross-Application Component

I'm using the std. method FIPP.POST method in the background to post the parked documents in my custom workflow. Recently, we observed in PRD, that some of the documents, even though the workflow is throwing out the MSGTY = E with MSGTX, it is not ERRORING out the method and continued with SUCCESSFUL completion of the method(and hence the TASK). So, in this case, even though the wflow status is COMPLETED with successful POST method, the invioce document is NOT actually posted.

What I observed is, for the method to throw

1. Exception 1001 (Appli.Error), the flags POSTED Not Equal to 'X' AND "Exit_Return_Not_Posted" = 'X'

or

2. Exception 1002 (Temp.Error) if POSTED = 'L'.

The method has only SWC_GET_ELEMENT container statements to get values from task container for BOTH of the EXPORT parameters 'Exit_Return_Not_Posted' and 'Check_Not' .

And, i am NOT passing any values to these 2 parameters from task container to the method container.

But, what I observed is in some of the cases, where it threw a MSGTY of E with MSG ID 298 ( Formatting error in the field BSEG-SGTXT; see next message) and the workflow got errored out by SETTING the flags 'Exit_Return_Not_Posted' and 'Check_Not' = X for both.

In other cases, where the same error msg is returned * BUT both the parameters 'Exit_Return_Not_Posted' and 'Check_Not' are NOT SET. And so the method is NOT ERRORED OUT. *

As you know, this is misleading, even though the wflow is not errored out and COMPLETED, the invoice document is not posted.

Hope I am clear about my issue, if not sorry and let me know.I'll clarify it.

Can anybody tell me what must be going on?. Initially i thought it's just a specific company code whose invoices have this issue. But, in the same comp. code, there have been so many other invoices that are getting posted successfully. I was expecting for the same MSGTX, it'll ALWAYS throw out the error of the method. But, it doesn't seem to be like that and is inconsistent (It could be me not getting what exactly going on in there).

I am still waiting for next occurance of this issue in PRD and will update you all. But, meanwhile, i'm looking into why this happened and fix it.

I also searched here and OSS notes on this but no success.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

This was a Binding issue where i missed out passing the export parameter "EXIT_RETURN_NOT_POSTED flag to the method from Task container.

I was looking into only into the place where it was missed out. But, everywhere else,for the same method, it has been maintained.

After going thru' the whole wflow, i figured this out and fixed it.

Closing the thread.

Thanks

venu