cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functionality of OM statuses Active, Planned Submitted Approved & Rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I want to understand the functionality & concept of the statuses in Tx PO13, PO10 etc

We see

1.Active

2.Planned

3.Submitted

4.Approved

5.Rejected

my question is regarding a requirement.

We need if some object is created that should be submitted for approval and in this case e-mails shud be triggered for approval to superiors. Once that is approved the created object shud exist as a valid object in system, otherwise should exist in system but not as an active object and cannot not be used for assigning holders. I mean should not be a valid object.

I want to know if these statuses will help doing it with work-flows and can we restrict the user to use only one of the five statuses..

Pls advise ...

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status identifies the current standing that an object or infotype record has within an organizational plan. Status also affects the type of editing you can do. There are five statuses available:

Active

Planned

Submitted

Approved

Rejected

Objects with different status can appear in the same plan version. The active objects could represent current operations at your firm, and the planned objects could represent changes you plan to make, for example, adding a new department or new position.

Use

You must assign a status to every object and infotype record you create. However, you do not need to use all the statuses. Many users choose only to use active status.

How you apply status to objects and infotype records in Organizational Management, depends on the method you use to maintain an organizational plan u2013 Detail Maintenance, Simple Maintenance, or Structural Graphics.

Status attributes:

Active

Indicates that an object is currently operable. You have unrestricted activities u2013 you can create, change, display, delimit, delete and list when using active objects.

Planned

Indicates that an object is proposed or anticipated, but not currently operable. You can create, change, display, delimit, delete and list when using planned objects.

Submitted

Indicates that an object has been submitted for review and subsequent approval/rejection. You cannot create objects with submitted status. Nor can you make changes.

Approved

Indicates that an object, previously sumitted for review, is accepted or authorized. By changing the status to active, you can edit the object (create, change, display, delimit, delete and list).

Rejected

Indicates that an object is rejected or turned down. You can only display objects with rejected status. However, you can change the status to planned so that you can work with the object again.

There are two ways you can change the status applied to objects and infotype records, in Organizational Plan:

Run the report RHAKTI00 (Change Object Status) for selected objects or infotype records

Change the status of objects and infotype records one at a time in Detail Maintenance

It is not possible to change the status of objects or infotype records in Structural Graphics or Simple Maintenance.

For workflow related intergration go through this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/bb/bdb86d575911d189240000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

thanks & Regards

Pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks a lot for the answer, you have cleared my doubts to some extent.

But how does it work like I get requirement I create an object and that object should be submitted for approval and what transaction will be used for approval and submitting the created object.

how can we restrict a person creating objects so that the object created shud not usable until it is approved.

What are the different transactions used to submit and approve the created object.

Pls guide...

Thanks in advance!!

KPJ

Answers (0)