cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change PORTAL main PAGE and add some text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a project where I have to change the portal logon page. I have to add additional text for the end user. How Can I add it?

Is it using NWDS?

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First of all, I really appreciate everyone's input/help on this matter. I have reading about it and would to confirm that I have understood correctly. Please correct me If I'm missing anything here.

So I know for sure that I would like to add some text into our portal screen right under the "Logon" button. To change that, i believe I will be adding "umLogonPage.jsp".

So far I have understood what needed to change for the "Welcome" screen. But how would I added the umLogonPage.jsp to view text in that area "Log on".

Please correct me: As far as I understand, I still have to pull com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak from the server and import into NWDS?

In NWDS, I can see the 6 .jsp files. So I do see umLogonPage.jsp

How Do I add the verbage/text to it. I'm not a Java/abap developer. Can someone please provide me some kind of a syntax.

What I basically want is add some text. For Example, xxxyyyzzz please click here

Meaning, I do have to add a link as well.

I really need help .

Thanks & Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afnan,

yes you have to change umLogonPage.jsp in com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.par.bak

you just need to add <tr> in that <td> your text </td></tr> after the place where you find the logon button code

once you do that you have to manually add jar file and deploy it to portal

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what ever u do will work perfectly fine for english language only.

you have to add text through property file.

property file is present in jar file and u have to modify that.

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala & all,

It was helpful. I appreciate it.

Bala, As you have mentioned that I have to manually add jar file and deploye to portal. Can you please provide me little more steps how to do?

I'm sure you are talking about jar files that are in /lib folder called com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar and umelogonbase.jar.

Since I'm using NWDS, and NWDS does not show anything under /lib directory. How should I add to it?

One more question, Is there a way I can test the scripts before deploying to my portal system? How would I know I have added right syntax and right way. I'm new into these things so I really want to know if there is a way we can test in NWDS before finalizing.

I really appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks a lot!!!

Afnan

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone,

Thanks for the help, I was able to do it after recreating authschmes.xml file. I think I did something wrong/mistake.

It is working now...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NO, I have deployed with a different name xyz.par and I have created new authschmes_xyz.xml. Now when I try to launch the http://hostname:50100/irj/portal for the logon screen, I dont see any text that I have added. How can I see that and where am I missing steps?

I would really appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

check authscemes.xml properties correctly to redirect to custom par file.

check the below thread

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

I have tried that but Nothing is showing on the page.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I launch my page (http://hostname:50100/irj/portal).. How would this page know that I had develop another par file called xyz? is there any location where i have to change the name?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afnan ,

It will use standard par file com.sap.portal.login.par by default to display logon page.

Did you deploy par file into portal with same name?

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bala,

I was able to fix the issue and I was able to bring portal as a default settings. Now, I have tried adding scripts to add my additional text to ***portal.logon.par*** and I was able to export the par file but I can not see the text on my portal logon page.

Here is the script and I'm adding *unLogonPage.jsp*

The following I have copied from the very botton of the scripts and added my own script at the botton of the page and it starts with *<!-- Additional Z_Logon Info page -->*. I have added * in every syntax so you can see the script here because it was only showing the output.

Can you please correct my script if i did it wrong way since I am new to scripting..

*<*!-- link to certificate logon -->

*<*% if ( !inPortal && logonBean.getAllowCertLogon() ) { %>

<*tr*>

<*td align="left" bgcolor="E9E9E9" colspan=2>

<*table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >

<*t*r>

<*td>

*<a class=urLnk href="<%=inPortal?proxy.getAlias*(**"com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.certlogon",null):logonBean.getHttpsCertURL(proxy, null)%>">

<span class=urTxtStd><%=logonLocale.get("GOTO_CERT_LOGON_PAGE1")%><*/span*>

<*/a>

<*/td>

<*/tr>

<*/table>

<*/td>

• <*/tr>

*<*% } %>

*<*!-- logon help -->

*<*% if ( logonBean.getLogonHelp() ) { %>

<tr*>

<*td align="left" bgcolor="E9E9E9" colspan=2>

<t*able border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >

<tr*>

*<*td>

<span class="urLblStdBar"> <%=logonLocale.get("LOGON_IN_PROBLEM")%><*/spa*n>

<a* class=urLnk href="<%=logonBean.getLogonURL(proxy,"gotoHelpPage=")%>">

<*span class=urTxtStd><%=logonLocale.get("GET_SUPPORT")%></span>

<*/a>

</*td>

<*/tr>

<*/table>

<*/td>

<*/tr>

<*% }* %>

<*/table>

<*/form>

<%@ include file="/umLogonBotArea.txt"%>

*<!-- Additional Z_Logon Info page -->*

1. <tr> <td> <B> <BR> <font color="#FF0000"> Your logon to eBuyer has errored ! </font> #</td></tr> </B> </BR>*

#<BR> <tr> <td> a) If you have access to eBuyer, please contact the eBuyer Procurement #helpdesk at xxxxxxxxx </BR></td></tr>

#<BR> <tr> <td> b) If you have not been authorized eBuyer access, please go to this link <A #HREF="www.test.com">eBuyer Access</A> for information on how to request access to eBuyer #</BR></td></tr>*

#<% if(!inPortal) proxy.sessionInvalidate(); %>

#<%if*(inPortal) { %>

#<% *} *else { %*>

#</htm*l>

#<% *} %>

I'm I adding it in wrong side. where should I add it?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Edited by: Afnan Chawla on Oct 6, 2008 9:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afnan,

put some statements in each if and else blocks and see where the control is going

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried adding two jar files because I was getting an error. It is still the same. please help..

Exception error.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afnan,

when you download par file it downloads as zip file.you open that check the location of the jar files.

when you import par file into NWDS you will be missing jar files .so extract the jar files from zip and add it the par file at the exact location(go to navigator tab and it display the directory structure)

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the steps for editing the Portal Logon page

You can achieve this in two ways.

a) Download the com.sap.portal.login.par file from System Admin> Support > Portal Runtime > Browse Deployment

Import the file to NWDS and edit the

Here in the umlogonPage.jsp & umLogonContent.txt files edit the html & place your logo & images in the images folder.

Save & deploy.

b) If you only want to change the image & have got access to Server just rename & place the logo (of Original) in the below Server path:

/usr/sap/EEP/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.sap.portal.runtime.logon

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you want to customize logon screen you have to do it in NWDS except for the changing of images,it can be done with in portal itself.

but if you want to do the modifications to the text of logon screen you have to upload par file into Nwds,do the changes in the corresponding jsp pages.

once you done with all modifications in Nwds you have to upload the par file into portal using

java developer role>tools>portal archive deployment.

when you upload the par file into Nwds you must check for the existence of two jar files.

com.sap.portal.runtime.logon_api.jar

umelogonbase.jar.

Regards

sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use this link then let me know what problem you are facing.

one more thing what i was facing problem.

when u apload par file in nwds u have to manually copy jar file.

for that change extention of par file to zip then copy all jar fileand past that in nwds(mostly present in dist/portalinf/lib)

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos