cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we install more than 1 Business package (BP) on our portal +

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

3 questions for you all. I m a junior with bp.

1- Can we install more than 1 business package in our portal?

2- Business package covers a variety of information as per its definition. But can we get a list of transactions it covers or map to? If not we have to install it and simulate the business processes.

3- When we install a BP, is the config following in the portal?

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can install several business packages according to your rquirement . Check your hardware is sufficient to give better performance.

After installing you have to do some configuration in portal side and even in backend also

check one buesiness package doucumentation in service market place.

Koti Reddy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The links provided are usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for your responses.

Yes Bala we plan to use the ESS BP, since we would like to use the guided procedure to create the purchase requisition. The PR are done differently in the purchasing-buyer BP (its more in a form with all the required fields). Also the maintenance BP since we use Plant Maint process and MRP.

The info on the service web site are not precise. It does nt show the transactions the bp covers (me51n, mm01, mm02, me51, mb25, mb21...) without this its difficult to evalutate if the BP is usefull for our entire business process.

Koti, is the config on the backend used as is. ie are the purchasing group, ccode, cost centers, wbs of r3 available through the portal.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I believe that Koti has already given you the answers to your initial questions. Thus I will just add afew pointers for you.

Yes, you can have as many BP's as you like deployed in your Portal. However, this does not mean that you have to use them all. BP comes with sets of iviews, pages, worksets and roles. What you can do, just copy the provided BP iviews or pages (for example) and delta-link it to a role that you have created. This way, you can mix whats provided to you via the BP's. The only thing you might lose out is the Webdypro look and feel created for those pages or workset (if you are solely using only the provided BP's iviews). On top, just make sure that the JCO's are setup properly for the BP's.

Please find below a fantastic guide for configuring ESS mySAP ERP 2005

http://www.appsconsulting.co.za/SAP_PDF/BP_ESS_672_EN_2005.pdf

I've saw in the past threads asking if there is a list of transactions for a particular BP, but I have yet to see it made available. Most BP's are explain in terms of their functions and what they offer. Most of them can be found in the SAP marketplacenand also in the help.sap. If you do a search in the SDN with the BP name, I'm sure you will get tons of hits with blogs, pdf and resolved threads.

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

what business packages you want to install.

if you want to install ess,mss check http://service.sap.com/ess

http://service.sap.com/mss

By just deploying the business packages you will get all the necessary PCD objects like iviews,pages,worksets,roles but inorder to work with them you need to configure depending on the business package and functionality.

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri