cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination in SD - Fixed Storage Type

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have enable automatic batch determination at the delivery stage (VL01N). for example:

Plant: 1000

Storage Location: 3000

Warehouse number: 300

Storage type in warehouse number 300: 910,911,912, NF1, NF2, NF3

In SD batch determination process in some cases batch are select from storage type 910 or 912 or NF1 (depend on unrestricted use), how to configure in SD batch determination configuration for always select batch´s from fixed storage type (in this case NF1 or NF2 or NF3).

Regards,

Enrique Figueroa

Edited by: Benito Enrique Figueroa Flores on Sep 30, 2008 11:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

batch determination in the delivery cannot be limited to storage types. If you want it that way, then dont do batch determination in delivery, do it instead in WM.

0 Kudos

Ok thanks. In case the WM batch determination is not posible (bussines decision) is posible to use some BADI like VB_BD_SELECTION to indicate system to select only batchs for determinate storage type?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the batch determination is looking for batches using tables MCHA, MCH1 and MCHB, there is no info about storage type.

Stock in interim storage types should not be sitting there forever, interim storage types are just virtual for technical reasons, you stock is physically somewhere else.

What is the real reason why the batches in these interim storage types should not be considered?

0 Kudos

The situation is:

1. Material: DF3040

2. Plant: 1000

3. Storage location: 300

4. Storage type under 300: 922 (Transfer zone), NF1, NF2

5. Batch information:

Batch # 203450 in 922 - 100 (unrestricted use)

Batch # 203560 in NF1 - 200 (unrestricted use)

Batch # 203670 in NF2 - 180 (unrestricted use)

Sales order with Material DF3040 for 80 UN. In delivery (VL01N) batch determination was executed with the following select:

Pos 10. Mat DF3040 - Batch # 203450 for 80 UN

At moment to try create transport order for WM (TX: LT03) in storage type search show: NF1, NF2, ***, at moment to generate the system show a error: L3008 - System cannot find source storage bin.

Hence the need to indicate in SD batch determination to select only batch in NF1 or NF2.

Regards

Enrique

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice idea, but what is your plan if no other batch is there, and all stock is in the interim storage type?

From my point of view it does not really matter where the process flow stucks, if you wait for batch assignment in delivery until the batch is in its real bin or if you do the assignment right away and the creation of WM-TO stucks until the quant is moved from the interim storage type to its final bin.

You just have to understand that batch determination and source bin determination serves usually different needs.

I usually search for a by certain quality figures to meet my customers requirement. Or by age, to always issue the oldes stuff first.

A interim storage type is a warehouse internal thing, as I already said, nothing phyiscal. And in WM you use the storage bin search to determine the bin from where you can pick the desired material and batch.

My batch determination is setup to execute automatically when delivery is created. My deliveries are either created manually at the shipping office or automatically with a batch job.

Instead of using LT03 we have to use LB10 to create a WM-TO. Of course this will fail if the quant is locked because of an open TO or if the storage type where it physically resides is not includes in the search.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen

Best Regards

Enrique

Answers (0)