cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE_Admin cannot access Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope all you gurus are doing well.

OK, so here is the issue, I am trying to configure Adobe Froms on one of our SAP systems. Part of the installation requiers me to access Visual Admin. I am able to access VA using the emergency user but I cannot make any changes to the settings. I am NOT able to access the VA using J2EE_ADMIN or any other user. I keep on getting the following error:

Caller Visual_Admin not authorized, only role administrators is allowed to access JMX

When I initially encountered the error I accessed VA using SAP* and there was no Administrators group. So I created the group but I am not sure if that made any difference. I've checked the roles in SAP and J2EE_ADMIN has the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role assigned to it.

I have also created other users and assigned the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role to them but it still is not working.

Other than that is there anything that needs to be done within VA to add certain privilages to a Group?

How do I create the Administrators group?

Is SAP* limited to what it can do in VA?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

This forum is for Java EE 5 - which means that it's focused on NetWeaver 7.1 and up. These versions do not have Visual Administrator anymore. I think the default administrator is also now called "Administrator" (not "J2EE_Admin" anymore) - but I could be wrong on this last point.

Please could you clarify which version of NW you're using?

Thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart, thanks for replying. I actually resolved the issue by going into Secure Store in the Configtool and resetting the user from there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i do got same prob i hv solved like this 1) i hv changed the pwd of j2ee_admin user.

2) i hv assigned the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN for j2ee_admin user again.

now i did logon to visual administrator.try this it did work for me.

shashi....

Edited by: shashi kumar on Nov 16, 2010 8:29 PM