cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service linking sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I would like to know why and where we need to link the sales order.I am new to cs and sd....wanted to know when we do some services for the equipment which is at the customer location....we will create the service order and enter all the labour parts to refelct the cost....in this case do we need to write a sales order ?

if yes why we need to do tht ? if not when we have to write the sales order linking to cs....

it would be great if anyone explain the flow between cs

please advice

regards,

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

For billing only services you can bill using debit memo request and thru DIP profile settings the actuals costs in SO can be trasferred to the the DMR .Finally you can post the revenues of the DMR to Service Order.You can use sales order if your selling any spares to customer.

regards

pushpa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vijay,

A typical high-level process flow for CS may be:

- Create service notification (IW51)

- Create service order (IW31)

- Run resource related billing (DP90) which creates a billing request (VA01)

- Create billing document (VF01/VF04)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

As you said, you have carried out some maintenance to an equipment which is at customer location, and you have incurred some cost for that, say labor cost and spares cost.

Assume this equipment is customer own and you are a service provider, so you have to charge the customer based on the expnses you incurred also considering the margin. For raising a billing document or invoice, first you need to have a sales order, through which delivery of the goods to customer and billing to customer will take place.

For simplyfying this manual process, you use DIP (Dynamic Item Processing) profile and Resource Related Billing, in this case as soon as you create Debit memo request through Resource related billing a Sale Order is created by the system automatically, then your finance dept or dispatch dept will go ahead with the billing process.

If you use DIP and RRB you need to attach the sale order manually to the service order.

Also see [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a8df09e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Hope this may be clarifying your doubt.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your instant responses.I understand the flow why we need to create sales order but still if anybody can tell the sap transactions and flow would be a big help to do a testing before I get started.

Vijay

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay

What's wrong with my first post? It shows the TCodes...

PeteA