cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting External Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a website (made in VS 2005) that calls the creation of reports from Crystal Enterprise 10. I am trying to get it such that through the website coding I can modify the external destination that the reports are sent to, as they are different each time a report is run. So far I have not been able to successfully get this to work. This is what I am currently getting in CMC when a report is run:

Printer: The instance is not printed.

External Destination: Not Authorized

Data Refresh Settings: Use the server defaults.

Start Time: 30/09/2008 2:25:59 PM

End Time: 30/09/2008 2:26:06 PM

Server Used: dest.reportjobserver

Error Message: destination DLL disabled. //dest... /CURRENT/ME/309/2009/Maintenance/M/:

I believe that I may inadvertently be setting the instance location, and that it why it is failing, but can't figure out how I should be setting the external destination then. The report runs fine from CE from the same user, even if I modify the destination directory to be what would otherwise fail. I've more than triple checked the security settings for the directory, but perhaps there is still something I missed?

I have tried to set this location through a schedulingInfo object by way of

ceSchedulingInfo.Destination.Name = destination

and directly from the InfoObject through ceReportObject.SchedulingInfo.Destination.Name = destination

and neither worked.

Any ideas?

Edited by: Ryan Beaulieu on Sep 30, 2008 10:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info David. I had tried to find an example in the community web site prior, but there were no samples listed for .net and pre-XI (I'm using Crystal Enterprise 10, which is why I intially had this in the legacy thread). I did come across one for CR XI R2 (https://boc.sdn.sap.com/files/NET-VB2005_Enterprise_BE115_Schedule_Disk-CR.zip) which actually got it working. Thanks again.

Edited by: Ryan Beaulieu on Oct 1, 2008 12:37 AM

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend you check out the Enterprise samples on our Diamond Community web site. There are a few really good code samples for scheduling to various destinations.

If that doesn't help please post back with an update.

https://boc.sdn.sap.com/samples/84/1193

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This forum is dedicated to topics related to legacy SDKs, including the Report Designer Component (RDC), OCX, VCL, and Crystal Reports Print Engine (CRPE).

Please post this query to the .NET Development - BusinessObjects Enterprise forum:

That forum is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek