Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Setting External Destination

I have a website (made in VS 2005) that calls the creation of reports from Crystal Enterprise 10. I am trying to get it such that through the website coding I can modify the external destination that the reports are sent to, as they are different each time a report is run. So far I have not been able to successfully get this to work. This is what I am currently getting in CMC when a report is run:

Printer: The instance is not printed.

External Destination: Not Authorized

Data Refresh Settings: Use the server defaults.

Start Time: 30/09/2008 2:25:59 PM

End Time: 30/09/2008 2:26:06 PM

Server Used: dest.reportjobserver

Error Message: destination DLL disabled. //dest... /CURRENT/ME/309/2009/Maintenance/M/:

I believe that I may inadvertently be setting the instance location, and that it why it is failing, but can't figure out how I should be setting the external destination then. The report runs fine from CE from the same user, even if I modify the destination directory to be what would otherwise fail. I've more than triple checked the security settings for the directory, but perhaps there is still something I missed?

I have tried to set this location through a schedulingInfo object by way of

ceSchedulingInfo.Destination.Name = destination

and directly from the InfoObject through ceReportObject.SchedulingInfo.Destination.Name = destination

and neither worked.

Any ideas?

Edited by: Ryan Beaulieu on Sep 30, 2008 10:51 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question