cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9AAFCST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to understand the use of key figure 9AAFCST.

I know the following:

1. Category is FC and assigned to group AF1

2. Hidden in standard data view by default.

What is the use of having this key figure in planning book? When creating orders using SNP heuristics, the system looks at category FA for requirements? What role does 9AAFCST play?

How is this used in safety stock planning?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Visu,

From what I understand SNP Heuristic does not look at a particular ATP Category FA. Basically bucket-by-bucket SNP Heuristic looks at the Supply Shortage keyfigure and then calculates a receipt element to cover that and considering Day's Supply requirement.

The Short Supply / Stock on Hand is computed based on the Total Demand and Total Supply.

Now Total Demand keyfigure is nothing but a Planning Book keyfigure summing up all the Demand related keyfigures.

This includes only 9ADFSCT and not 9AAFCST in standard SAP. 9ADFSCT is mapped to ATP category FA while 9AAFCST mapped to FC.

Now when you release Demand from DP to SNP the ATP Category released to is FA by default.

But you can also manually create (additional) forecast in Product View or other means which have ATP Category assignment FC.

Although technically these are two different ATP categories purely from SNP Heuristic both can be considered towards Total Demand to be met.

This is not SAP standard check Stock Balance Macro. But you can always played around with Stock Balance macros / keyfigure ATP Category Group in your own SNP Planning Area.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Oct 1, 2008 3:12 PM Corrected SAP standard

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

In Transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB - Safety Stock Planning, you should define a keyfigure for Demand Forecast, there we will use the keyfigure 9AAFCST for planning the safety stock, you can also use 9ADFCST keyfigure there, but the difference between 9AAFCST and 9ADFCST is, 9AAFCST will be used in Make to Stock Scenario, and 9ADFCST will be used in Make to Stock and VMI Scenarios.

-Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this keyfigure is used as per client's requirement. I have checked in all the SAP Std Planning books and I didnot find this keyfigure included anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This key figure is alway included but it is hidden by default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

We are using it to store forecast what we are getting from DP and later that forecat will be consumed by Customer sales order as per you Proposed Strategy in Demand tab in Product master.

Manish