cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sample Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to change the sample size after an inspection lot has been saved?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you can only reset the sample calculation under certain conditions, the system first checks whether the status of the inspection lot will allow you to execute this function.

Prerequisites-

You can only reset the sample calculation for an inspection lot if you have not:

- Marked the inspection lot for cancellation

- Recorded inspection results for the inspection lot

- Recorded defects for the inspection lot

- Made a usage decision for the inspection lot

When you reset a sample calculation, the system:

- Displays information about the activities that have been processed for the inspection lot (for example, sample-drawing instruction was printed, inspection scope for the inspection lot was dynamically modified, physical samples were created, and so on)

- Sets the inspection lot status that existed before the sample size was calculated

You choose Logistics -> Quality management -> Quality inspection -> Inspection lot processing -> Inspection lot -> Reset sample.

You then call up the desired inspection lot and save the data to reset the sample calculation.

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

I am using ECC 6.0 and my menu must differ from yours.

I went to:

Logistics -> Quality management -> Quality inspection -> Inspection lot-> processing ->

There isn't a "reset sample". I did a search for it with no results.

Is there a transaction code I can use?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will find "reset sample" in QAC3 transaction code. In the SAP Easy Access screen of ECC 6.0, it is named as "Cancel Sample Calculation". But, once you go to the initial screen of QAC3 you will find the words "Insp. lot- reset Sample Calculation".

Regards,

Narayana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narayana,

I do not see that either.

After entering the inspection lot number I see buttons called:

Record Defects

Record Results

Record Usage Decision

Correct Actual Quantity

Cancel Sample

I clicked CANCEL SAMPLE and the message says: Function cannot be carried out.

The only other thing I see are Business Process Status and Influencing System Status.

Does anyone know how to reset the sample size after an inspection lot has been saved. Normally the automatically calculated number is OK but sometimes it is something other - and needs to be changed.

Thanks in advance!