cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Assemblies with component for PDS - SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have planned a components under phantom assembly? How can we explode the BOM in PDS-SNP.

Is it possible to used PDS for Phantom Assemblies, what have to check and modify?

Thanks in advance.

Dgee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we are trying to plan components under phantom assemblies with PDS. But with PDS we are missing a functionality that previously with PPM worked pretty fine.

Following situation:

A production supply area is maintained for the resource in the R/3 system. There is a bill of material with phantom assembly. In the routing, the phantom assembly is assigned to an operation running on the resource that has stored the production supply area.

During order creation in APO, the storage location is not used for the components of the phantom assembly because a phantom assembly must be integrated in APO independent of the routing or the recipe. Therefore, the information about the production supply area is missing in the phantom assembly components and no storage location can be determined.

I can't belive that such a base function was forgotten during PDS developement. And i'm in doubt that the routing independent transfer of phantoms is the correct concept. This conclusion wasted a lot of money in our project

I'm curious about your notes.

Kind regards,

Christian