cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter fields not prompting in crystal viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a report in crystal reports XI and everytime I refresh i am promted for a date range using the parameter field I set up. However, when I open the report in crystal viewer (which will be used by the users) I am not promted for any data entry. Does anybody know anything about this?

thank you!

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anna,

Do not save the report with saved data. i.e. close the preview in designer and save the report.

Now if you open this report in viewer and refresh the report it will prompt for parameter values.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just tried it and now in crystal viewer I am now getting a message saying to get data into a report please open it and re-save it in crystal designer with the "save data with report" feature.

Any help appreciated.

thanks,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you are viewing a generated report then the Cyrstal Report will not ask for any parameter input from user.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there any way for the crystal reports viewer to control the data range?

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

If you've published the report to Enterprise, you should check the parameter properties in the Central Management Console. Go to the report object in the CMC, click on the Process tab then the parameters link, click on the parameter value, and make sure the option "Prompt the user for new value(s) when viewing" is enabled.

This will force the user to enter a new date range when viewing the report.

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually just keeping it on a share drive which other users who have crystal viewer not full on crystal can access...

Answers (0)