cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Cusomter addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

I successfully imported customers with 1 ship to address.

The client now has more address to add to these customers.

Most customers I only attempted to add 1 additional address using line num 0 . These update fine leaving my original ship to address alone.

The customers where I am attempting to update 2 or more new address I have the problem. Again I start my address at line num 0 and increment from there.

When I look at those customers after updating the Ship to address I first imported is gone and is partially over written with the new address.

Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The number of ship to addresses are accumulative. Which means, when you DTW the 2nd or 3rd etc, you should not start with 0 but with line# 1, 2, ...

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will give that a try.

Why when I only updated 1 address starting with 0 did it work then?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

When you build your import file, do not forget about Ship-to Default field. You may have 2 or more shipping addresses, that will be stored in the same table CRD1 and only the way to separate them is by using different Address Name.

Therefore you file should look like this:

BP CODE Ship-to Default Ship-to Block Ship-to street

301501 ship 1 29 Kennedy

301501 ship 2 89 Sofocleous

BR,

Marina.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jared,

I am not sure of you really need LineNum to be filled. The AddressName is what is the Key field.

If your AddressName is different that the previous one you imported then you should be fine.

Just fill RecoardKey, AddressName, ..

Please backup your database before trying.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears I needed the line num field.

I started with 2 and it worked.