cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks

I would like to know the significance of Header mapping in B2B scenarios ? and is it mandatory for B2B ?

I want to know why do we really need it.

Thnx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Header mapping play an imp role in B2B scenario's

We can use header mappings when we want to avoid using Metadata generated by PI. Even you can use them to hide the business systems involved in your landscape

Consider scenario

A2A. You have more than one system in landscape and that all are capable of IDOC, RFC etc and you need to make sure that delivery should happen to the system you want. In a case where you don't create a sender agreement Header mapping is very useful to avoid errors. Ex error can be "NO_Reciever_Agreement_Found" - this can be avoided using header mapping.

B2B. You can expose Business services to outside world and not the business system in your landscape. In header mapping you can actually map the Business system where you want to receive the data.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not really clear: So if there is an outbound : suppose : shipment IDOC: as you mentioned it is useful in this scenario :we do not have sender agreement.

how will it be useful if I check sender party/sender service in header mapping ? Where can i see this change of this header mapping in XI runtime? how will this be beneficial especially in B 2B?

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just forwarding this message again as I am not clear on the header mapping.

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for confusing reply.

In the header mapping you can map the values of key fields of the receiver agreement to other values: sender and receiver party, sender and receiver service. The address fields (sender, receiver) in the message header are then transformed correspondingly during outbound processing.

The header mapping is important when configuring cross-company processes in which the business partners want to replace the names of their internal business systems with neutral representatives (party, business service).

If you want to replace the internal name of a sender business system in the outbound message with a neutral name of a party and service, specify the fields for Sender Party and Sender Service in the header mapping.

You can do the following in the header mapping:

● Specify fixed values

● Define that the conversion of the field values is to be determined dynamically from the message payload

Header mappings are only supported by the following receiver adapters at runtime:

- IDoc Adapter

- Plain HTTP adapter

- RNIF Adapter 2.0

- RNIF Adapter 1.1

- CIDX Adapter

I tried to use SAP words here to make you understand. Does this workout

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds good Gaurav.

I am awarding you the points and closing this thread.

Thnx

Answers (0)