cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset manager password back to "manager'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've made extensive modifications to a training database and changed the password of MANAGER so no one can mess with my template. But I want to change the password of the MANAGER account back to "manager" for training purposes.

And darn it, it won't let me. Error 10003509-5, Username must be different from password.

Does anyone know how to reset the MANAGER account back to password "manager?"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the answer to this question is:

The manager account password CANNOT be changed back to "manager."

Thanks, all.

gagan_thareja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to create a message for SAP.In order to get this done the fax has to be signed by the manager of the company (customer)clearly asking to reset the password for you.

Regards,

Gagan Thareja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you change password policy ? May be it is causing by that

Not sure

Hope it helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Password policy does not cover the attribute of username and password congruence. Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the password to some other common used word like Manager1.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There a various post on this forum on this. But using an Update Statement is not permitted.

/thread/820709 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uhn, yeah, actually that would cause the exact same message. You're not allowed to use the username as a part of the password.

What I'm trying to do is restore the manager password to "manager" so the users can just click "ok" like they would when the start to set up their own systems. Only the username "manager" and password "manager" provides that capability.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if it's not permitted, then that doesn't really help. Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change to admin123 or anything else. No need to insist on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand how to change the password to something else. My specific question was "how do I reset it back to manager", though, not "how do I change it to something else."

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help, but I was trying to get this specific question answered.