cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Logo Graphics Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my report, I have a company logo graphic field. The path is pointed to by a field in the SP for the report. Each time the report is run for a different customer, the logo file will be different.

Do I need to account for different sized logo files?

Can I set the logo file to a specific size in the report?

If I can set the logo to a specific size and the logo I point to is not that size, will it look awful?

I am trying to figure out if I need to make a requirement that all logo files are the same size or if the report can adjust for different sizes.

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the best ways too ensure that client logos do not deform or or overwhelm the report is to layer them as multiple objects and selectively suppress. Just insert several object boxes for each distinct logo style and then

size it so that it looks good, then right-click for the object options box, and use the formula editor next to the suppress box. Use a simple "Like" type of formula to determine which clients can use a particular layout.

where () not like 'Client_1' or where () not like 'Client_2'

or

You can use that in combination with the dynamic links you seem to have... certain client logos probably look fine when formatted in the same size and parameters- this way you don't have to repeat the process for every single logo.

Be careful when scaling up logos to larger sizes... they DO loose quite a bit of quality.

Edited by: Forrest Pugh on Oct 22, 2008 5:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the path and filename is static you can do it with a linked OLE Object.

For example, if the file is always called LOGO.JPG and it's always on drive C: and always in a folder called GETLOGO - you'd simply do a Insert | OLE Object and choose Create from File then mark the Link box.

Then no matter which company's logo existed there it'd pull it in.

The size however should be consistent PRIOR TO the logo being pulled into the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get the report to reload a Picture from new path every time (Ver12.0) ?

We use current temp folder, not the same path for all users.

In Crystal Reports 10.0 it worked when the report was in the same folder.

I tried with Graphic Location and the value ".\loggo.bmp"...but it will not reload the loggo if I move the template and loggo to a new folder.

Rgds,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

You can fix the size by resizing a image and right click on image go in format image then common tab then uncheck 'Can Grow' option.

Then it will show all images in same size.

Thanks,

Sastry