cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are Sol Man projects linked to CTS projects and then transports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Sol Man, you have a projectu2026 mine is TEST_2 Test Project 2

I created it in SOLAR_PORJECT_ADMIN. It is a u201CMaintenance Projectu201D and I think that is called a cProject. This I can see in SPRO under u201Cmaintain project types for cProjectsu201D.

However, then I hear that you can link that to a CTS project u2026 which I believe is the project you see when you look in SE09 at the properties of a transport. I think thatu2019s right? Or am I incorrect there? I know that a lot of companies use Change Request management to assign a project id to a transport in order to group your transports. I think that this is the CTS number on SE09, but Iu2019m not sure.

Iu2019m trying to see if (1) my thoughts above are correct and (2) how this links to the project in ChaRM/Sol Man

Much thanks!

Margo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out on my own. thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share your knowledge please. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure! here's my analysis...

I have determined how the projects and transports are linked together....

In your Solution Manager (ChaRM) System, a project is created. This is an IMG project. Once it is activated and distributed to your project landscape, it will appear in the IMG under the customizing worklist as a project. However, I have noticed that I do not see this project in my IMG in the Solution Manager system. (This is what was causing confusion for me).

This project is related to a cProject which defines if it is maintenance, upgrade, custom, etc.

Once you go into your development system and a transport is created, you can choose a project to assign it to. This is the same area that Scott pointed us to in the prior email. Here you can choose the IMG project that you created in Solution Manager (i.e. ChaRM). In the dropdown, it gives you a Project Id which is the one that was created in Solution Manager (transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN). It also gives you a u201CCTS Project Idu201D that I believe is assigned internally when the project is created. This can be a u201Cmandatoryu201D step that is configured in ChaRM to make sure that a Project is assigned to a transport. If this is configured in ChaRM, then any transports without associated projects would not be transported. Hence, this is one way ChaRM is using the pre-existing project functionality on a transport.

In order to find the value of the CTS project number, we would have to select from SAP table E070A using the transport number and the attribute called u201CSAP_CTS_PROJECTu201D and the reference value for that will be the CTS Project number