cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICR Process 003 - Reconcile Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am in the process of configuring the ICR process in our system. After following the 'Intercompany Reconciliation Background Information & Customizing Guide' and implementing note 863630, FBICS3 and FBICA3 appear to be functioning as they should. When I execute FBICR3 there are no unassigned documents, which is what I am expecting. However the documents in the intercompany vendor and customer accounts are still open. Is this the expected result or is there another step or program that I need to follow in order to clear these? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Dan Schnock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member572578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Please note that ICR is only an analysis tool. It extracts the information from the original systems and then helps you to find documents causing differences. It does not clear any open items. This is still part of the normal processes in the operative systems.

Assigning documents to each other simply means that you have identified them to be part of the same business transaction. This can help you find documents causing differences more quickly (e.g. two documents are assigned to each other; receivables posted in EUR, payables posted in USD => the payables document is not correct, reverse it and post a new one using EUR as transaction currency). Assigning them to each other does not trigger any kind of clearing mechanism (at least not within the standard functionality). You could implement the existing BADI methods to send information back to the operative systems and trigger a process there. But the standard does not contain anyhihng like that...

Best regards,

Ralph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dan