Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

IP Locking of actual months in forecast scenarios

Dear Gurus:

I'd like to block users from manually modifying the year to date (YTD) part of a plan while allowing the full year copy into another scenario.

In other words...periods 1 till 3 can not be modified (just 4 till 12). However once the user is done with the plan he should be able to copy the full scenario (including the first 3 months) into another scenario.

These type of locking for user manual action but allowing a function was quite easy with BPS and the use of dynamic columns. It's certainly not obvious in IP.

I can not simply use a dataslice with an exit variable that locks the YTD part because it will also lock the function. A data slice of type exit seems an overcomplication. And I'm considering using a data slice with a variable and some sort of functionality to activate/deactivate the data slice automatically when required.

Still it's hard to believe that IP does not provide some sort of functionality equivalent to the old BPS. Anyone has experiences supporting Forecasts/Latest estimates with a part actual and a part planned data.

Points awarded! Thanks.

Alberto Sabate

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question