cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMT run fails on 4.0 repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am currently upgrading an MSA environment from 4.0 SP 11 to 2007, and got so far the first steps including the CMT installation, but when I run the CMT it fails migrating my customized MSA application after successfully doing the MSY and WBIT bol.

So I dived into the log files, but the only thing I see there in the famous migration.cmtlog is "Status: FAILED" and in the summary.log all I get are some missing version infos which should not hurt and for a list of objects "VB Parser <Object> ... OK", nothing else, no error, no NOT OK. However, at the end it says:

"Finished Processing Application: MobileSales" and "Ended:Migration", but also "At least one project failed during Migration ...".

The great upgrade guide is also not a real help, since all it does for troubleshooting is saying that it requires a fix in the repository, but as it does not say where or what, I have no idea where to look at, as the application compiles and runs without problems in 4.0.

Help will be appreciated!

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With OSS help we got the problem resolvedf: The following was the description

CMT Does not support variable names having special characters like e.g. ä, although the MAS does. This leads to the problem described, but there will be an OSS note in future.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using german "umlauts" in programming code is usually punished with death penalty... ))

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know. I just happened to 'inherit' that solution from another consulting company - this was not the only cause ...