cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful upgrade of NWDS from SPS12 to SPS14 - new challenge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that I have upgraded my NWDS to SPS14 I have learned that our production support environment NWDI is still on SP12.

Can I deploy DC's modified by SP14 NWDS to SP12 NWDI? Our development environment NWDI is on SPS14, so I really need to be able to code for both.

Is it possible to have two installations of NWDS on the same machine?

Edited by: Jennifer Mansker-Bickel on Sep 30, 2008 12:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is good idea to maintain the consistency across the landscape. You should use the NWDS version/patch level of the Java engine that you are developing for. So if your Java engine is 6.40 SP 14, then you should be using the NWDS 2.0.14

If you are on NW 2004's SP 14 Java engine then you should be suing NWDS 7.0.14.

Please find out the version of the Java engine they are using in Production based on that you will decide what NWDS version you need, It''s same for the NWDI also. For NWDI the working track should use the correct version of the Java engine liraries JTECHS,JEE,JBUILDS, which were using in Production Java engine version. You ahve to make sure the correct version of lirareis added to theSCA.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The complexity indeed lies in the fact that our new development and production maintenance environments are on two different service packs, but this is a transitional issue. I am trying to manage my activities for both environments until the two are once again on the same service pack.

To make matters even more interesting, my SPS14 .dtr looks very different from my SPS12 .dtr, so I am presuming a significant change in the IDE has taken place between the two.

Maybe it doesn't have to be this hard - if the DC's in my production environment were originally created using SPS12, I should be able to perform maintenance on them using NWDS SP12 even if the portal instance has been upgraded to SPS14, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Yes that's correct!!

Thanks

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, its not possible to have to installations on one machine.