cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset master data upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

When I uploading Asset master data,That time i faced One problem _Capitalization must be earlier than or same as transfer date_ But that asset purchased on 30.07.2008 suppose If I transfer 31.01.2008

wt is effect of depreciation and accumulated depreciation so Kindly give me some solution for this .

Regards

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system is logical. You cannot upload data that was created after the transfer date -- there is nothing to transfer. That particular asset should be created directly in the SAP system and should not be included in the legacy asset upload.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legacy asset data transfer is only user for those assets which are acquired before Transfer Date.

It is understood that assets are capitalized before transfer date.

Since your asset (legacy) transfer date is 31.01.2008, you will not be able to give capitalization date as 30.7.2008.

You can only transfer the assets which are capitalized before 31.01.2008

For the asset acquired after transfer date, you need to use normal asset creation transaction AS01 instead of AS91.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Girish,

Yeah, Asset capitalizations should always be less then or equal to the take over date. If you capitaize the asset on 30.07.2008 then how can you transfer on 31.01.2008. You take over date should greater then 30.07.2008.

Depreciation calculation is depends on your depreciation key and depreciation start date and usefull life

Hope it helps

BhaskarI