cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 dlls missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Crystal 2008 Runtime on my server.

There are no files in these directories

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2

But I found the dlls in the GAC. But they are all versioned 12.0.1100.0

I want .web, .shared, .ReportSource and .CrystalReports.Engine under version 12.0.2000.0

Also I could not find this dll at all.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.TemplateEngine, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304

I installed the runtime from this link

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/downloads/redistributables/cr_120/redist/x86/CRRuntime_...

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dlls with version 12.0.2000.0 are of CR2008 with sp0. Can you please have a look at [this|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#08]?

Does it helps?

Regards,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AG,

There is no change in the dlls.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Do you have to 2.0 framework installed?

Look in C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFramework

What OS are you installing onto and what service patch level?

Also, do you need that dll's?

check this [posting|; also for more info on that missing dll:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im using Windows Server 2008 SP1

.NET 2.0 is installed. I have the website running.

I searched for "Crystal" under C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\

and the only thing I find is the directory crystalreportsviewers under temp asp.NEt files.

0 Kudos

I've entered the missing dll - ADAPT01134643 in our tracking system.

Check DEP and disable it to see if that allows to 2.0 assemblies to be installed. Also, enable logging on the installer to see if it catch any permission issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disabled DEP for the CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.msi. It did not do anything different. So no change in the dlls.

Im not sure how to enable Installed logging for Server 2008.

And You gave me a tracking num,ber.

How do I track it and is there any timeline to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually enabled Installer Login for the MSI and saw the log. Nothing unusual. At the end I see

MSI (c) (2C:80) [16:15:00:405]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Crystal Reports 2008 Runtime. Product Version: 12.0.0.683. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.

0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

You enable logging for the installer from the command line. We use Microsoft's MSIExec to install. Here's one link on how to enable logging: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa369776.aspx Search more if this does not explain it enough.

You don't have access to follow an escalation. You can only watch for release notes when patches become available.

This is really odd. I verified the folders are in the MSI file. You can also, search for orca.msi on Microsofts site and download it. You can then open up the MSI and Merge Modules and simply search for the files and subfolder. It's cryptic and uses system commands to create the folder structure but the dotnet2 folder is there.

It has got to be a permission issue to the registry and possibly folders.

Are you a local PC administrator with full rights? If you are on a network check with your IT guys to confirm they have not modified the Admin Profile and pushed it out to all users.

What is the Operating system you are using and service level patches installed?

Also, what the file date on CR MSI file?

Thanks again

Don

0 Kudos

Reply Timing: Great that you found how to.

Search the logs to see if those folders are being created or if any errors are generated.

0 Kudos

Discovered also why you don't see those folders. In previous versions when distributing the runtime we create them and left the dll's behind. In CR 2008 now we simply GAC the dll's without creating those folders. This is all normal and is FOR RUNTIME only, you cannot use the MSI to create a Development PC. Install CR 2008 with a developer keycode and all should work.

So the only issue left is the missing dll. If you don't need it then it's not an issue.

Try removing it from your project and re-compile to see if you are using it. If not, it's not an issue.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you are missing the point.

Im talking about my Server. I have no issues in my development workstation.

That is because I have installed the Crystal Reports 2008 SP0

But the issue is with the Runtime. We dont want to install Crystal 2008 in the server. So thats why I installed the runtime alone which doesnt seem to be the right one for Crystal reports 2008.

I also dont care about the dlls in the Program files dir as long as it is in the GAC.

The problem is I dont find poroper dlls, if they are found there they are for the older version 12.0.1100

Please see my first post in the thread.

Also I found one interesting thing in the installation log.

It seems to do something with the resources file for the version that Im am interested in. But it doesnt do anything to the actual dll itself. In this case the CrystalDecisions.Web

The same thing I see for many other dlls.

This is one sample line Im bringing up here.

1: {C484CC8D-03CF-4022-89C4-DB4F02E8A15B} 2: {863A5B5F-2279-480C-9384-89C47B7386FB} 3: <\CrystalDecisions.Web.resources,FileVersion="12.0.2000.683",version="12.0.2000.0",culture="es",publicKeyToken="692FBEA5521E1304",processorArchitecture="MSIL"

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Aswin

0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

In a round about way that is what we were explaining also, the process of how our files get installed onto the runtime PC. You are using the correct one and they should be there if their dependencies are available.

The problem is some dependency is either missing or access/permission to them is blocking the MSI from installing our 2.0 versions.

That one line indicates we are attempting to install the 2.0 assemblies but the line doesn't show us if there was an error. Look in the lines that follow the one you posted below if there are any errors returned? It may be a value, anything other that result = "0" means there was a problem.

You may want to purchase a support case and have a dedicated Engineer work with you directly to resolve this issue. The installer does work for most so it is likely some Server configuration setting that needs to be changed to make this work. Logs can also be transfered and attached to the case.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other try from my side.

I am trying to install the runtime after logging in as a Local Administrator.

While doing it, I asks or a product Id.

One time I gave the product id which I got from the 30 day trial. Also one other time, I just left it blank.

So it doesnt validate the product Id.

By any chance, what exactly I should do for the Product Id.?

Thanks.

Aswin

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's asking for product ID. It should be asking for keycode? Best place to look for it is in the .NET IDE. Go to the help menu and select "About Microsoft Visual Studio". Look at "Installed products", you should be able to see Crystal Reports here and the keycode next to that.

look here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb126227.aspx

for more info re runtime. Under "Tools and features" find Crystal Reports and then Deployment under that.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried running my project,

I got an error in this line in web.config saying the file could not be found.

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.TemplateEngine, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

But When I commented out this line the website worked fine. and the reports were displayed correct.

I dont know whether crystal reports uses this file at all.

Anyways as of now I got my reports working. Thanks to all who took their time to help me out.

Aswin Dwarakanath

Answers (0)