cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load this file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recieve this error when trying to open a file that has previously had no issues.

u201CCrystal Xcelsius is unable to load this file. This file may be corrupt or have features that cannot be supported by this version of Crystal Xcelsius.u201D

All other files open fine in Xcelsius, only this one is recieving an error. It is very important that it work. Is there any way I can fix the problem to make the file open correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

are you using SP1?

I can look if you e-mail it to my address.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I do not know if I am and I will be unable to email the file to you. Can you tell me how to check myself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

what does the progress bar say when it stops? Do you see components in the object browser? Do you see anything on the canvas?

How big is your xls file? How big is the xlf?

Are you sure you are using SP1 and not the initially released version? What is the build number (check it in Help->About Xcelsius)?

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program tries to open, it says opening xlf file, then it says (not responding), and I get the error message. I click okay and the program closes. All other xlf files are opening just fine with the program. It is just this one. It is 25MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing shows up in the object browser or canvas. I am using build number 12,0,0,121

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle,

you need to install SP1. You can get it here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007532212008E/cx2008_sp1.zip

Find your keycode, uninstall Xcelsius through Control Panel/Add and Remove programs, and install SP1.

I hope it will help, but I am not sure, as your Excel file (25MB) is too big. Xcelsius does not work well with files of that size. You need to exclude from the Excel document those parts that you don't use in the visualization.

Margaret