cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BICAdapterMetadata.xml file missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of installing and configuring our PI 7.0 system along with the Seeburger Generic EDI Adapter 1.7.1.

Part of the install for Seeburger includes the creation of the BIC adapter. The documentation makes reference to the file BICAdapterMetadata.xml which should be in the directory data\AdapterBIC\metadata. But this file does not exist in the zip file we downloaded from the Service Marketplace.

Does anyone know where we should get this file from?

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My previous answer was crap My aplogies.

Rechecked everything, and now it makes sense.

BICAdapterMetadata.xml does not exist in my DVD as well and it makes sense as well.

Here is why,

1. The AdapterMetadata.xml file is used to import the adapter metadata into the IR of XI. There is no BIC adapter from Seeburger, rather BIC is nothing but a bunch of modules from Seeburger to convert EDI to XML and vice versa. As there is no Adapter per-se called BIC, there will be no Metadata File for BIC.

2. For other Adapters, AS2, FTP, etc as there is a Adapter in the true sense there is a AdapterMeatadata file for these adapters.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BIC(Business integration Converter) in the sense it is Mapping Designer which contains all the standard mappings which will converts EDI--XML and vice versa...

And also we can develop our custom mappings also and we can use them in XI.

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh and Seshagiri,

Thanks for your answers. This begins to make a lot more sense.

I think I read about this file in this document originally:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6dc02f5d-0601-0010-cd9d-f4ff9a7e...

I'm guessing something has changed since this document was published or the document is incorrect.

So now I'll try to utilise some of these maps via a module entry in my communication channel.

Thanks again,

Ben

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had this file in the DVD we got during our installations.

I am not sure about the service market place file but you should maybe explore a option of getting this DVD from Seeburger / SAP.

Regards

Bhavesh