cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code O1 does not appear in any G/L account item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting this message "Tax code O1 does not appear in any G/L account item" when we try to create accounting document from customer invoice (VF01). We have not changed any tax code configuration and this seems to be issue with few customers only. I have compared the customer master data for the customers that do not have this issue and could not find any differences. Also, I have found that the materials on the order has been used on other orders for which we have successfully created the accounting document.

The customer tax classification is 1 for both UTXD and UTXJ. The material being used on order is also taxable. We have a condition in VK11 for UTXJ for country US that if both customer and material are taxable then use tax code "O1". So, this is working correctly.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some pointer on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Function Module FI_TAX_SV_BSEG_BSET_GROSS to debug this issue and found out that tax jurisdiction code in invoice (actually in order) was incorrect. Recreated the invoice after fixing tax jurisdiction value in order and that solved this issue for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Could you tell me exactly where you corrected this thing. I am also facing this error.

I have assigned the tax code in FTXP. I have set the % there. I have also assigned it to a gl account.

I have made the account key assignment in OB40.

Should the g/l account that I assign in OB40 for the tax code be the same that i appoint in vkoa?

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debopam,

We experienced this problem only in few documents so I was fairly confident that out configuration was right. It turned out that our sales order (for documents that had this issue) had bad tax jusrisdiction code in them due to an error in our third party order entering system. Once we fixed the jurisdiction code, account document was created successfully. As, I mentioned in my post that I used Function Module FI_TAX_SV_BSEG_BSET_GROSS to debug and solve this issue. So, you can put a break point in the FM and try to create accounting document and where it throws that error. This will give you the idea.

Also, I checked out configuration and we don't have the entry for the acct key in vkoa.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paresh