cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Subscription allows user to add other Recipients, can this be changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When a user has subscribed to a folder/report/document in KM, they then can subsequently go in and edit the subscription.

The dialog that allows the user to edit their subscription also allows them to add additional recipients to the Subscription. In some cases we don't want users to be allowed to do this. For example, if we publish BI reports to a users 'My Portfolio' then we don't want the user to be able to alter the subscription by adding other recipients to the subscription. In this case these other people would also get a notification when the BI report was updated and we don't want that to happen for security reasons.

Is there a way to remove the end users ability to add other recipients to their subscriptions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Robin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin

Check the service permission for the users on these folders.

If they have enough service permission only then they can change the

subscription. The UI will prompt an error.

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

I have the Service permissions on the folder set to 'Subscribe (Myself only)' and it still allows the user to change the Recipients and add other people. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Robin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

For the desired folder kindly try to give Read permission to all the other user other then u.

so they cant be able to make any change seven though they see TAB for editing Subscription.

Regards.

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Thanks but the user still has access to add Recipients to the subscription, even if they only have Read access to the folder or document. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Robin