Can Grow on a Text Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I absolutely LOVE the Can Grow checkbox. Here is my problem:

field1

field2 (marked as Can Grow)

field3

If field2 grows, it overwrites field3.

Can you somehow make field 3 move down if field2 grows?

Because of this overwriting, I always have to put the Can Grow field at the bottom which is sometimes an odd place for it.

Thanks in advance!

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put the logo/graphic in its own section, and select 'underlay following section'. that way the graphic will span, but you can still maintain the functionality of seperate details section lines to accomodate your can grow requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Insert new section below using the option u2018Insert section belowu2019 for the current section (where these fields are placed presently) and move Field2 and Field3 in below sections separately.

Regards,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you need them to display on the same line, select underlay on the format section box

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a good idea and that is what I usually do. The problem I have here is that I have a logo graph that spans a lot of my first section.

GRAPHIC field1

GRAPHIC field2

GRAPHIC field3

GRAPHIC

So, I am not sure how to add a section to put field2 in (the one that can grow), since I have that logo graphic in the section.

Any idea on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right-click in the gray area to the left of the section in which your three fields are located.

From the drop-down list choose "Insert Section Below"

Do that twice.

Put your fields in sections a, b, and c

Enjoy!