cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Open Enrollment Error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am coming to you because I cannot figure out why we are getting this particular error message when an employee is doing open enrollment.

When an employee goes into ESS and tries to do an open enrollment for their medical/savings/insurance plans, the following error message occurred.

No entry for period parameter 30 / payroll year / payroll period

This is not happening for all of the employees within this payroll area. Just some....but enough to make it a good portion of our employee population.

I have looked at the period parameters/calendar and modifiers etc. to see if the period was set up and could find nothing wrong. We do have the period set up and the calendar goes out to 2010.

I would really appreciate help on this issue since open enrollment begins very soon for us!

Thanks,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For which period are you trying to enroll? Is this the first time you are trying to enroll an employee into this open enrollment, or have you done this before?

I am sure you would have checked the tables V_T549A, V_T549Q etc.

Let me know,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes,I have checked those tables (thank you though) and all appropriate values seem to be there.

This is the first time we are doing open enrollment. We went live with SAP in Jan 2008. At that time all employees were converted in with their respective benefit plans. We have had new hires throughout the year who have enrolled and while we had a few onesie twosie issues, nothing of this nature.

Do you think it could be in the ESS set up somewhere?

My problem is that it works for some people and not others. I am looking to see what is different on an employee that works vs one that doesn't.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the dates you use in the Flexible Administration table V_5UB3_1? What are the dates in the validity of infotypes in the same table?

These might help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have any dates in that table. Could that be the issue? Do all the dates have to be filled out?

Thanks,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please set the open enrollment status to Yes, and enter suitable dates as per your business requirements.

Just an FYI: There are 4 types of enrollments:

1. Open enrollment offer.

2. Default enrollment offer.

3. Automatic enrollment offer.

4. Adjusted enrollment offer.

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This question has been answered!

It turns out when we looked at the payroll calendar with the payperiods generated, we had one period where the dates were wrong.

In other words, we went from 12/25/08 - 01/09/08....instead of 01/09/09! The payperiod went from 2008-2009 but we didn't catch that the ending date for that period still reflected 2008!

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this! It was appreciated!

Suparna