cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#UNAVAILABLE error when I use report filter with smart measure

0 Kudos

Hi,

WebIntelligence shows the error message #UNAVAILABLE when I try to use a report filter in a report that contains a smart measure (a database delegate measure).

Could someone tell me how to use a report filter in a report that contains a smart measure without having this #UNAVAILABLE message ?

Many thanks in advance,

Mohamed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not use smart measures while applying filter on a aggregated value from your query and further aggregate it within the report.

Webintelligence cannot determinie how the filter affects the calculation of a smart measure and instead returns a cell code error #UNAVAILABLE

For example,do not use smart measures when there is a:

1. Report filter on a dimension that is not in dimensional context.

2. Report filter on formula

3. Formula in the dimensional context of the mesure.

However,for Drill filters and for simple filters combined with AND at the first level of drilling,the context takes the related dimension into account.

Also,do not use a smart measure when a standard measure works.

0 Kudos

Thank you soumyadutta,

So it's impossible to use a report filter on dimension which in dimensional context of a smart measuer, otherwise WebI won't be able to compute the measure's new value and will show a #UNAVAILABLE message.

However, I'm in charge of an escalation and the customer wants at the same time to use smart measures and report filters.

Is there any possible workaround for this issue ?

Thanks and regards,

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only option is to apply filter at query level & refresh query

0 Kudos

Many thanks for the answer,

Indeed when the filter is applied at the query level it works.

However, I noticed a strange behavior : in WebI when I apply only one report filter on a dimension, WebIntelligence is able to calculate the new value for the smart measure. But If I add another filter using the AND operator then the #UNAVAILABLE message appears. I couldn't figure out why this error appears only when I apply the second filter. According to your explanation, the #UNAVAILABLE error message should appear when the first filter is applied as the filtered dimension belongs to the calculation context of the smart measure. Have you ever had such a behavior before ? Do you have an explanation for this behavior?

thanks in advance