cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding for SAP Integration Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got a network where the BO server is behind a NAT. I can access the BW server from the BO server but when retrieving data I'm getting a C-PIC error in SAP log with code TIMEOUT. The first explanation I can find is that the BW server is trying to initiate a response but can't due to the NAT.

Are there certain ports that I can configure for forwarding in the NAT, in order to enable two-way communication? The only port I know of is the Tomcat port which I use to access InfoView and CMC.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi João

What version of BO do you use?

If it is XI 3.0 there is a chapter about firewall in the Installation manual for the Integration Kit.

Can you access the B

w server from the BO server via SAP Gui?

There are also some SAP notes regarding CIPC and timeout / firewall

e.g.

Roland

Edited by: Roland Hoeller on Sep 30, 2008 6:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running XI 3.0 and I can access the BW server via SAP Logon from the BO Server. The error I'm getting is:

*Trace file opened at 20080930 190555 GMT Daylight Time, SAP-REL 700,0,159 RFC-VER U 3 981833 MT-SL

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456

Excesso de tempo na estrutura de conexão (existe parceiro ?)

ABAP Programm: CL_RSR_MDX_COMMAND============CP (Transaction: )

Called function module: RRTS_PARSE_MDX

User: JOASOUSA (Client: 070)

Destination: MDX PARSER (handle: 2, 01645795, {531A8FDD-869B-F1D5-B431-00145E6A52A6})

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 01629716, {521A8FDD-B93F-F154-AFA1-000C294D8A52})

SERVER> Caller host:

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: WebIRichClient)

SERVER> Called function module: BAPI_MDDATASET_SELECT_DATA

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 3295

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456

Excesso de tempo na estrutura de conexão (existe parceiro ?)

Error RFCIO_ERROR_MESSAGE in abrfcio.c : 1833

Where "Excesso de tempo na estrutura de conexão (existe parceiro ?)" is translated to "Exceeded time in connection (partner exists?). It seems like the BW can't reach BO. I'm going to read the installation manual to check NAT config.

EDIT: The problem seems to be with the MDX Parser RFC destination after all. Analysing that problem now.

Edited by: João Sousa on Sep 30, 2008 8:23 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MDX parser was solved by copying the non-unicode librfc32.dll to the server, and registering it with regsvr32.exe

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean the SAP BI Server ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the mdxsvr.exe didn't start because of the missing dll.