Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test IDOC inbound processing in WE19

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to test an inbound processing for an IDOC in WE19. I don't have any message so i enter 'via message type' in the initial screen.

Then i fill the segments/fields of the presented segments that i think are necessary and also some data in the 'Edit control record fields'.

But when i click on button 'Standard inbound' i receive the error message 'Initial recipient partner type'. Please note I don't fill any parameter in the control fields for receiver, but even if I enter a value in 'partner type' for receiver I got the same error. If I need to fill this parameter I don't know what should it contains.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be the reason of this error ?

Thanks is advance,

Paulo Sousa

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you need to maintain the partner profiles using WE20 transaction. Sender and receiver needs to be mentioned else you get the error.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

But I'm new in EDI.

In WE20 I have a partner type LS ( Logical system ) that was already created when I start this issue. I don't now where to define a partner type as sender or as receiver, if it's possible.

I have a partner number defined for that partner type. Could the same partner type ( LS ) be used as sender and as receiver ?

Thanks,

Paulo Sousa

0 Kudos

Hello Paulo

Recently I implemented an ALE scenario where the sending and receiving logical system are the same.

Purchase orders are sent to SAP-XI which returns the IDoc to the same logical system als sales order IDoc.

Thus, our logical system has the ORDERS message type as outbound and inbound parameter. SAP-XI is the other receiving and sending logical system.

The easies way is the "Copy&Paste" approach. Look into your system for existing inbound IDocs and compare their control record with the one of your test IDoc.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi,

I solve the problem by putting 'SAP' + SAP system ID in the receiving port.