cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Settings Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the database is upgraded or otherwise changed, all of the user defined settings in documents reset - user-defined fields, document table form settings in particular. Is there a way to set and "lock down" these settings? What actions cause the settings to reset to default?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Even if there is lock-down function, better not using it. Database consistency is always on top priority. The user setting can be setup again. In case there are changes, you can deal with in new system by new system's structure.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most recent change to the database was a fix that was applied by SAP support to reverse a negative credit memo. A query was entered in the database, but when the users entered the system the user defined field settings and document table formats were reset to default.

Resetting the user's settings is the workaround, but it is not a long-term solution. It is lowering productivity and creating distrust in the users about the database stability. I myself find it increadibly frustrating to start SAP and find that I now need to go through all of my documents and update the user defined field settings twice a week or so.

Mostly I want to know if other users experience this problem or if we have designed ourselves into a system that creates problems. We use the user-defined fields in particular for 80% of our system data and it is causing a lot of issues to have the fields reset routinely.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Emily,

When you talk by Upgraded, are you meaning Patch upgrade or Version upgrade. Could you tell me when you saw this happening last.

Suda