cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position Attribute Change not reflecting in PA

former_member1348745
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am changing a position from Full Time to Part Time in IT1013. (Change in EG and ESG)

And i am running the Org Change Action but the EG ESG Still remains the Old one and doesnt change

with new effective date.

Regards,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1348745
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well you are right that it works when its a create 0001.

What SAP Suggest is to remove the value of eg/esg from that field and press enter.it will automatically populate the new eg esg.

i think somewhere down the logic of checking default eg esg when they are blank is an issue.

but my both fields are display only hence user cant change them. Only option is to blank them out using user-exit

thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should be changed by the user itself.I too have same issue and the user system is set up for this.You need to ask them to change it.

Usha

former_member1348745
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am Sorry but that didnt work too, is there a switch

PLOGI - EVGC

Edited by: Aman Kumar on Sep 30, 2008 11:09 PM

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It works for me in my test system.

Essentially there is no real integration between PA and OM for this infotype. This infotype only provides default values when you are creating data in PA, and you can always overwrite them. IN theory system gets a chance to provide a default value when you creating a fresh IT 001 infotype, and not when you copy or change.

But if you have tried it out and it is not working, I am not able to provide further inputs without actually seeing the issue in the system.

I am pretty sure PLOGI EVEGC has nothing to do with it. I was not sure what it was and checked, but the field documentation says it is not relevant to customizing, and therefore it is probably a redundant setting, but by all means try whether it works in your test system.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IN you Org change action, IT 0001 must have been configured with COP Copy mode or INSS mode. Defaults based on OM data will be proposed when IT 0001 is in create mode.(INS).

If you do not want to change the configuration of your infogroup, then your users must be advised to manually change EG and ESG everytime an org change action takes place due to chang in position attributes in It 1013.

Hope this helps.

former_member1348745
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks SS, All Dates are same it doesnt work

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the effective date on the position change and on the Org Action Change are the same? You also tried blanking out the position number in question in IT0000 during your action, hitting enter, repopulating the same position number and hitting enter again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that the effective dates you are using for both changes are in synch (i.e. change in EG and ESG on IT1013 and Org Change Action via PA40). If those seem to be correct, try blanking out the position number in IT0000 during your action, hit enter, and repopulate the same position number and hit enter again. This should bring across your changes.